Whether it is properties with 3 students or 9+ students, we have access to a financing solution. We have a lot of experience in this sector and the types of properties have varied from a standard residential house, unlicensed HMO property to fully licenced HMO property with 9 or more students in the property. We can provide mortgages for student let properties.
Student let properties represent excellent opportunities for investors as the yields are typically around 8% and with the student paying the utility bills. In addition the costs for running these properties compared to typical HMOs are low which makes them even more attractive. But before you decide if renting to students is for you, here are some tips to consider:
- Do your research – Student letting is about providing a decent property in the right location for the right rent. The day-to-day management of the property also needs considering as well as keeping on top of the ever-changing letting laws.
- Pick the right property – Students like to share in groups of three or more. The ideal student let sleeps at least three people which means a standard three bedroom house is ideal.
- Keep the tenants happy – With an effective tenant management system in place, maintaining the property and dealing with complaints will be far easier. Meaning rent sliding into arrears will be less likely to happen. Renting to students can be a profitable venture, but it pays to be prepared.
- Gain access to our expert knowledge of the student let sector.
- Mortgages for buying student let property.
- Solutions for remortaging student let property.